The "PEA" (Paramedical Examiners Anonymous)

A TRULY OPEN & HONEST forum through the safety of anonymity. Membership is offered but NOT REQUIRED. Feel free to post whatever's on your mind without fear of being identified & persecuted !!! All are invited but examiners get preference.
It is currently Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:39 pm 

Can someone give me an intelligent answer as to why Paramedical companies do not offer 1) direct deposit and, at the very least, 2) health insurance to their examiners? A lot of these companies are not located near our homes, (most are in other states). With the number of examiners these companies have, it would be a very small fee to pay the banks for the service. I. for one, would gladly be open to getting my pay as quickly as those people who work in the office the checks are distributed from! Why should we have to wait an additional week or more to get our pay, when we're the ones out there busting our asses and using OUR gas & personal vehicles, (which, btw, for me, is a leased car and I will get charged for the additional mileage at the end of the lease term)! When it comes to the health insurance, don't you think it's a little weird that we go out and risk our lives (especially in the winter) to get people THEIR insurance, yet we're not offered any to protect us?
Anyone else out there feel this way?

Report this post
 Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:09 pm 
EMSI, some ExamOne offices, RSA and PM offer direct deposit. Emsi offers a discounted health insurance plan.

Report this post

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:18 pm 

Guest wrote:
EMSI, some ExamOne offices, RSA and PM offer direct deposit. Emsi offers a discounted health insurance plan.

Unfortunately, on the East Coast, none of those companies offer Direct deposit. RSA & PM have united, making it one organization. I'm really starting to hate this job!

Report this post
 Profile Send private message  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:28 pm 
SMM is the only one I have done work for that does not offer Direct Deposit.

Report this post

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:25 pm 
All the corporate offices offer direct deposit but if you work for a franchise you probably would not get direct deposit.

Report this post